University Communication Coordinator Position
This position will help lead and oversee the creation of a weekly email newsletter, covering a variety of topics from announcements, community news, ministry and volunteer spotlight, and church and denomination updates. The weekly e-newsletter should assist members with their own personal church journeys, making them aware of resources, volunteer opportunities, and events.
Other tasks include:
- Create copy for printed materials such as visitor packets, new members, outreach, and ministry information.
- Develop a vision and strategy to broaden the church’s outreach with regard to people of all ages, geographies, races, and life stages.
- Build a healthy team by recruiting volunteers
- Report directly to Pastor and coordinate with Creative Church Marketing to sync up the website and social media with internally created content.
- Must be proficient in or willing to learn Mailchimp and Faithlife
- Must have high-level language and typing skills to write and edit compelling copy for the newsletter.
- Must possess the empathy and flexibility necessary to write for multiple audiences, including first-time visitors, new volunteers, new members, etc.
Must be able to work for approximately 5 hours per week and diligently communicate via email with Pastor and other church leaders